Thursday, June 13, 2013

Personal Style

If you are a magazine junkie like me, you're very in tune with the styles that are popular at this moment.  Chevron, neon colors, crop tops...however, I am not going to talk about that. I am going to talk about Style and by that I mean your personal style.  You see, STYLE is not what's popular now. STYLE is what looks good on YOU!  Style is your own personal touch. For this article I will use myself as the example- because I'm writing this and because I can.  If you read the previous article, you will know a little bit of my background of growing up in a retail store that, of course, sold the latest fashion trends.  Over my years of working in retail, owning my own boutique and being a buyer, I have learned that although what's on trend is fun, it may not look good on me.  As Coco Chanel said "The best color in the whole wide world is the color that looks good on you."  Preach it, Coco!!  No matter how many times I try to wear the color orange, it will never look good on me. It will just never work, ever!!
What most women do not understand is that STYLE is something you own.  YOU own it.  YOU flaunt it.  YOU are it!  STYLE is what you feel comfortable wearing.  STYLE is what makes you hold your head up high and walk through those doors with confidence. YOUR style is what tells us who you are.
Classic.  Trendy.  Conservative.  Flirty.  Sexy.  Vintage...all paint a picture of your personality and what makes you unique.  Embrace it, be proud and express yourself. Isn't that what life is all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment